It can be challenging to maintain momentum in sales without being thoughtful about maintaining your motivation.
There are some questions that can make you (and your team) more successful salespeople. These questions can help you create more productive thoughts, habits, and attitudes.
- If I try, can I be successful?
- If I am successful, will there be a payoff?
- Is the payoff worth it to me?
Beyond those questions, here are some other questions to ask yourself to increase your success:
- What is your purpose for selling?
- Who are you targeting and why?
- What are you going to tell them or ask them? Why?
- Are you selling what your customer needs? How can you convince them that you are?
- What goals do you have for each sales situation or visit? For more on goals, check out our earlier blog post of setting SMART goals.
Taking time to focus on what motivates you, and on how to increase that motivation, is important to improving your success overall as a salesperson.