Tips for Making the Initial Approach
The initial approach to a prospect is the most crucial part of the sales presentation. All the selling skills in the world won’t matter if you don’t get your foot in the door. First impressions are lasting impressions. You can’t win everyone over with a single script designed to handle the first few minutes. Below are some of our top tips for the initial approach.
1.Believe in yourself. If you don’t believe you can win the prospect’s confidence, you’ll self-destruct in the opening moments of your first sales call.
2. Develop and maintain a positive attitude.
3. Shake hands firmly, but don’t overdo it.
4. Be conversational and use humor early.
5. Don’t prejudge the prospect. Everyone is different. Accommodate and welcome the differences.
6. Qualify the buyer early, preferably before your first face-to-face meeting.
7. Believe in SunteckTTS and the services you sell.
8. Know the prospect’s industry and business before you make the call.
9. Look professional. Your appearance is the first thing the prospect notices.
10. Be prompt. Lateness tells the prospect you don’t respect his or her time.
11. Be sincere. Sincerity wins customers – insincerity loses customers and prospective customers.